Thursday 30 September 2010

A day at Kilnsea and Spurn 3rd July 2010

This was the day I fell from the sand dunes and hurt all my left side and knees, look at the first photograph of the light house and the road in that photograph is the road I landed on. The first three photos are from Kilnsea and shows the erosion of the coast. Kilnsea is where you turn right to drive to Spurn along a narrow strip of sand with the dunes above and to the side of you, in places it is nice to see on one side the North Sea and on the other the River Humber. The other where the old light house is the River Humber, and the men fishing in the North Sea....This can all be seen clearly on Google Earth.... 
































2 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

What an amazing place! Seeing the ruins of former buildings all along the shore was a little eerie...it reminded me of that scene in Planet of the Apes where you see parts of the fallen Statue of Liberty in the sand (NOT my favorite movie but that scene has always stuck with me). I noticed you also took a photo in the mirror! Who knew photography could be a dangerous hobby...I'm glad you did not break anything when you feel onto the road.

Brian said...

Hi Sara, yes it is an amazing place as each time I go it changes something else will have fallen, it does remind one of that film if looked at from a distance.

I love your latest blog and photo of the rose and the wet petals and tiny rain drops, beautiful...